Trautman Associates has been providing professional architecture and engineering for clients in Western New York and across New York State since 1956. An integrated A/E firm from the start, it’s inherent in the way we do business. We’re proud of the founders of our firm and our heritage and are committed to continuing their tradition of excellence in service.
The engineering career of William R. Trautman, PE, began at the prestigious Cornell Aeronautical Laboratory on Genesee Street where he learned how to build and manage a complex design organization. In 1956, Trautman joined with architect M. Russell Turley and Norman Schlenker, PE, to form one of the earliest integrated architectural and engineering firms in the City of Buffalo. Within one year Trautman and Schlenker set out together moving to office space at 879 Seneca Street.
The early years of this practice were not all that different from the current times and the firm maintains strong relationships with several of the original clients. In 1975 the growing firm moved to 369 Hamburg St. and conducted business as William R. Trautman Associates for several years. Trautman King Markwart Associates, PC formed in 1980 and has been doing business as Trautman Associates ever since. Bill’s early focus on professionalism, providing integrated architectural and engineering design services and building a cohesive organizational structure, became the foundation for the firm's continuing success.