This project calls for the adaptive reuse of the historic, six-story, Gothic Revival building formerly known as Villa Maria Academy. Constructed in 1927 for the Felician Sisters of St. Francis to house a boarding and day high school, public and private chapels and the Motherhouse/Novitiate, Villa Maria Academy closed in 2006. With a desire to preserve this beautiful building and give it new life, the structure is being re-purposed as a supportive living community called Angela's House.
Trautman Associates is collaborating with Preservation Studios, RP Oak Hill, and Catholic Charities to convert the six-story building into 66 apartments for female-led, single parent households. Support and case management spaces are included in the design as well. This development will enliven a now-vacant part of the Felician sisters campus and re-establish the property as an anchor in this transitional neighborhood. Design is underway with construction anticipated in 2020.