The Pilgrim Lutheran Church is a congregation of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod located in Kenmore, New York. The Pilgrim Church was founded in 1922 and the original church was built circa 1924. Access to the Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall was gained principally by stair, which posed certain access limitations to a number of Church members with physical mobility limitations.
To address this issue, Trautman Associates designed an exterior addition to complement the existing 1920 church design, which included an entry vestibule and interior vestibule in the sanctuary.
The scope of this work included placing a concrete foundation, erecting a metal stud exterior wall framing, installing a metal standing seam roof, masonry veneer, and EIFS. Site work included modifications to the existing parking lot and walkways to improve access to the building and new accessible entry. Interior renovation work in the sanctuary was designed to reflect the existing space, including modifications to the existing wooden pews to create a seamless appearance with the existing interior design.