The original building that houses the Buffalo Academy of the Sacred Heart was constructed in 1931. Trautman Associates has provided professional design services for the full scope of architectural and engineering services in support of on-going facility improvements since 1997.
In 2016, the Sisters of St. Francis retained the services of Trautman Associates to provide full A/E services to design renovations to basement-level space formerly used as locker and shower facilities. Design for these renovated areas converted the footprint into a collaborative space consisting of a computer room (491 SF) and maker's space (647 SF) separated by a moveable acoustical partition.
At the same time, Trautman Associates designed the complete renovation of the existing cafeteria (2,447 SF), including redesign of the servery area, student food preparation area, and seating configuration.
Initial planning for these projects were held in March 2016. Demolition began in June 2016, when the academic school was complete and the projects were fast-tracked to ensure construction completion in time for the first day of school in September 2016.